Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Week 4- Tuesday: Recipe Challenge #3

This months recipe challenge is a fun one. While I (Katie) was deciding what the recipe would be this time, I was staring at my supplies and my eye fell on my stash of markers. I knew I had to add those into the challenge, everyone has markers. They could be scrapbooking markers like Stamping Pens, or permanent markers like Sharpies.

The recipe: Markers, Ribbon, a Tag and the color Green.

Katie's Layout: For my layout I trimmed a bit off of each side of my white cardstock and mounted it on a fun patterned paper. That way I get the pattern, but it's not overwhelming. I doodled my title and then colored in my letters in varying shades of yellow making them "ombre", which I think is a cool look.


Emily's Layout: 
I decided to go digital for this layout, because I wanted to use a photo I haven't had printed yet (and I wasn't feeling well one night but wanted to get some scrapping done anyway - I can do digi in bed!). I had a lot of fun re-creating markers and ribbon in a digital format. I used a font called Instant Marker for the title. The velvet texture on the ribbon came from here and the tags are freebies from Pugly Pixel.

0 comments:

Post a Comment