Thursday, June 13, 2013

Week 1 - Thursday: Color Challenge #3

Today's challenge is to use the following color scheme (found on Design-Seeds) on a project!


Emily's Layout:
I thought it would be fun to try out these primary and secondary colors on a layout, since they aren't colors I use often. I immediately broke out my paints to create a background to mimic the stripes of the color scheme graphic and then pulled out my sewing machine for the first time since last summer to sew it down to a piece of kraft card stock. I pulled out a photo from Disney World that matched and kept the layout very simple to showcase the fun background and the journaling.


Katie's Layout: I thought the colors Emily picked out were bright and fun. I fussy cut the bright swirls out of some BoBunny paper, and the orange flowers are by Queen and Co. When I embossed my arrows, my heat gun actually warped my layout a little bit, but i'm going to put it under something heavy for a few days to flatten it back out. ;)

GIVEAWAY! Create a project using our color scheme to be entered to win a kit from Scrapbooking from the Inside Out!

 We're not afraid of looking at the big picture, sharing our truth and putting it down on paper. Our unique blend of stylish, meaning-filled materials and our patented prompt-based approach to the inner journey will inspire you to be the real YOU.

Our monthly Inspiration Page includes a music playlist, deep prompts and quotations and a link to our awesome monthly Pinterest board will make getting started easy! Is your heart ready to speak? Are you ready to listen? We're excited to welcome you.
The Communication kit, designed by our Teen DT Leader, Sofia Ehrich, is a kitschy and stylish mix of fun paper and embellishments to help you explore and express how you connect with the world around you.
Want to see more kits from SFTIO? Stop by their website, and read about their teen program, CreateU.

The winner will be chosen on June 21st.



1 comments: