Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Week 1 - Tuesday: Sketch Challenge #3

We took some time off from the challenge blog last week to rearrange our schedule here at Paper Lovers Studio. You can find our new schedule here.

Today's challenge is a layout sketch designed by Katie. You can follow the sketch exactly or use it as a starting point for a grid and only use a photo for one of the squares and maybe use patterned paper for the rest. Make it your own. :)
Katie's Layout: When I designed the sketch above I wanted to place the photos in a grid with a few embellishments around it. For my layout I matted my pictures with papers from Basic Grey's Clippings 6x6 paper pad. I used a few older Love, Elsie epoxy stickers for my embellishments and then added my journaling on the side.
Emily's Layout: I had to adapt Katie's sketch a little to use just one photo and fit it all on an 8.5x11 layout. But I did it! I switched out the two bottom squares of the sketch for a single photo and filled the top two squares with patterned paper and a journaling tag. Everything in this layout came from the Studio Calico June Card Kit, Roundabout, except for the darker kraft paper, the sequins, and the journaling tag, which is from a pack by Elle's Studio.

4 comments:

  1. oooh! I love the grid + bubble-type embellishments! may have to do some scrapbooking this afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for my two peas order to come in so I can start scrapbooking!!! Great pages :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, mine is uploaded! I apologize in advance for the blurry twitter photo :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's alright, I love your layout!! I see you're using some of our new goods from gasc. :)

      Delete