Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Week 2 - Tuesday: Inspired By... Challenge #3

For anyone new, here's how the Inspired By... challenge works: We will provide the inspiration (usually something we found on Pinterest or elsewhere on the Internet) and some sample projects, and then all you have to do is link up a project inspired by whatever it is that inspired us!

On today's Inspired By... Challenge, you get two images to work from! We love these geometric gemstone shapes.


I found both of these on Pinterest and sadly, neither has a working source link.

Emily's Layout: In addition to being inspired by this challenge to use the lovely faceted sequin stamps from Studio Calico's June card kit, I was inspired by some beautiful mint green paint I got the other day to use a mint/gold/navy blue/white color scheme. I was able to pull that all together with one of my favorite photos from my trip to Disney last Christmas that happened to contain just the right colors and shapes.



Katie's Layout: I loved the doodled look of the gems in the first image so I doodled a few of my own onto chipboard, then I misted them with Heidi Swapp's gold Color Shine. The shape of the fountain at the Ft. Worth Water Gardens reminded me of a gem, so it worked great for this page too.


2 comments: