Thursday, August 15, 2013

Week 2- Thursday: Card Sketch Challenge #5

There are a lot of different ways you could alter today's card sketch. I was originally thinking patterned paper for the rectangles and a heart stickers,with bling or sequins. You could change the heart to and shape, or embellishment, change the circles to buttons, etc! You could even turn it vertical.

Katie's Card: I followed the sketch pretty close, I used a block of patterned paper and strip of washi for my background and cut out a heart from paper. I used bling, stamped on my sentiment and then also added a little puppy diecut.

Emily's Card: I also followed the sketch pretty closely! I used another strip of paper for the bottom instead of washi and I substituted some little heart stamps for the bling, though. All this paper came from one of those giant stacks of thin papers (from My Mind's Eye). I know people tend to avoid those, but let me tell you, they're great for cards because there are so many coordinating combinations, the papers are easy to layer without much bulk, and there's enough of each pattern that you could easily mass produce a certain card if you wanted.

2 comments: