Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Week 4 - Tuesday: Recipe Challenge #4

Sometimes, the best way to come up with a good challenge for yourself is to just name 3 or 4 page elements off the top of your head and go from there. That's how I (Emily) came up with this month's recipe challenge - I wasn't even in my room with my supplies, so I had no visual cues.

The recipe: 3 patterned papers, background stamping, a punched shape, and your handwriting.

Emily's pages: For this challenge, I want to share a spread from the mini-album I made for last March's edition of 30 Days of Lists (which is an amazing creative challenge that is running again next month!) that I recently completed. Both pages showcase my handwriting, which I love including on projects. The page on the left features a background I created using two individual arrow stamps in a repeating pattern, and the circle holding the number was created with my trusty 1 inch circle punch. The page on the right is one of my favorite uses of multiple patterned papers on one page, and I did the stamping at the top and bottom by using just the edge of a larger background stamp.



Katie's card: I thought today's recipe would work perfectly for a card. I used my chevron background stamp on the base of the card, layered a few patterned papers, added my punch out on top and then use my handwriting for the sentiment. Perfect! I also added a few gems for some bling. :)


3 comments:

  1. There's no linky tool to link up. :(

    Here's my layout: http://laurascreativeworld.blogspot.ca/2013/09/labor-day-with-layouts.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. No linky :( here is my layout http://theflamingochronicals.blogspot.com/2013/09/girl-scout-sunday.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute stuff. Just wanted to let you know even tho I missed the cutoff date to enter, I loved making the text from technique challenge #4.
    I posted it and a link to your blog on my blog http://glitterinmykitchen.blogspot.com/2013/09/dad-is-great-gives-us-chocolate-cake.html

    ReplyDelete