Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Color Challenge #1

Do you ever have a great idea for a layout, but have no idea what color scheme you want to use? Us too. That's why color challenges are fun, You can start off with the simple colors provided, and add in more colors if you wish!
If you ever need help putting color together, check out the site Design-Seeds. You'll find design ideas, color palettes, and so much inspiration for color.
(image via Design-Seeds)

Katie's Layout: I chose the color palette for this challenge and as soon as I saw it, I thought about a mini paper pad I have from MyMindsEye. The colors matched almost perfectly and I added a few brighter colors with washi tape and flower stickers from Amy Tangerine.
The hexagon and bumble bee stamps are also from MyMindsEye.
I like that I've got just a few bits of black here and there, I think they really stand out and give some focal points to my layout.
Emily's Layout: I'm not usually the best at color challenges, because I have a somewhat limited stash! But when Katie sent me the color scheme for this one, I was immediately reminded of the Echo Park Sweet Day papers that I picked up in digital form when they were on sale last summer. I only occasionally dabble in digital, but it's a great thing to try for challenges like this, when you don't have any real papers that fit the colors.
 
 I think my favorite part about this layout is how I did the journaling. I added a piece of "vellum" (just a white rectangle with the opacity set around 60%) over the patterned paper and then pulled out my Wacom Bamboo graphics tablet to write my journaling just like I would on a regular layout!

Link up your layouts! This challenge will close on Thursday, April 18.

0 comments:

Post a Comment