Thursday, April 18, 2013

Scraplift Challenge #1

We like scraplift challenges because there are so many layouts available online to be inspired by. Isn't this layout by Tina Aszmus so fun and colorful? We found it via the Studio Calico blog and love both the design and that Tina used minimal embellishments, yet her layout looks amazing!


Katie's Layout: I copied Tina's layout almost exactly, but here's what I changed up:
  • I converted it into a 12x12 layout.
  • I used watercolor pencils and gelatos instead of water color crayons to color my speech bubbles.
  • I stamped in a few of my speech bubbles.
  • I added glitter into my speech bubbles, using a bit of glue + white glitter.
  • I doodled my own speech bubbles instead of using a mask/template.

 Just like sketches, scraplifts are an easy way to speed up the design process of a layout! I think this is a really fun design. If you're a clean and simple scrapper and don't like to use paints or messy supplies in you layouts you could easily cut speech bubbles from patterned paper instead of drawing them or you a piece of patterned paper that already has speech bubbles printed on it.
Emily's Layout: I love the layout we chose to scrap-lift for this challenge! It was so much fun to work with. In my layout, I used patterned paper (from Lawn Fawn's first line, Bright Side) for the speech bubbles. I also changed the location of the journaling.



I decided to make a few of my speech bubbles from white card stock to add a tone-on-tone element to the page. I stamped this little rose from the Amy Tangerine Yes, Please clear stamp set in the white bubbles to add some interest to them, and then I popped them up with foam adhesive for dimension and to define them a bit more.



This might seem like a simple layout to lift, but there are so many directions you can take it in! We can't wait to see how you use it.

Link up your projects! We love seeing how you use our challenges to inspire you! This challenge will close on Thursday, May 2nd.

0 comments:

Post a Comment