Thursday, April 4, 2013

Tough Supply Challenge #1

Every scrapbooker has one: that stamp set, embellishment pack, or sticker sheet with something totally awesome on it that you love, but can't figure out how to use. At least, we do! So to help you (and ourselves!) in the everlasting quest to use your stash, we've created the Tough Supply Challenge. Pick out something you love, but have trouble using, and get it on a project! This time around, we realized we both had the same stamp set with a cute little radio that neither of us had ever been able to incorporate into a project. What a coincidence! So we did our best to get that little guy inked up...

Katie's layout: I've had this stamp set for a while and I've used all of of the stamps except for the radio. I think it's adorable I just couldn't ever come up with a project for it.. until now. I didn't have any pictures that really went with the radio stamp, but I decided to use it on this layout about my new shoes, as well as using a couple of Amy Tangerine Stamps. I was trying to make a "hipster" layout, with my bright shoes, and the bright patterned paper I think it all goes together.


Katie's card: I used a light pink patterned paper for the base of my card, but I used all of the same patterned papers and washi tape as my layout to embellish it. I used the sentiment "you rock" to go with the radio stamp. I love the colors.

Emily's layout: When we first decided that we would both use the radio stamp for this challenge, I immediately thought of this random photo I had of my headphones and my boyfriend's headphones lying on the table together. It's just an "everyday" sort of photo, with no real story (hence the lack of journaling) but I like to scrap those sometimes.



I used some older My Mind's Eye paper, washi, Thickers in "Goodness", and the ampersand stamp from the Amy Tangerine Ready Set Go stamp set.



Emily's card: For my second project with the radio stamp, I decided use the same papers I used in my layout! I kept it super simple with this card, but I think it came out pretty cute. Handwritten sentiments are the easiest way to make a card look truly custom-made for the recipient!



Add your links! We would love to see how this challenge inspired you to use though supplies!
This challenge will close on Thursday, April 18.

2 comments:

  1. I love the caption "you made my heart sing!" with that stamp! It's tooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Taylor, that's a really cool idea!

    ReplyDelete