Thursday, May 9, 2013

Photo/Journaling Challenge #1: Mother's Day

Today's challenge has less to do with the style of the page or the supplies you use and more about the subject of your layout. With Mother's Day coming up, we thought we'd issue you the challenge to scrap about your mom (or your grandmother, or any other person in your life you consider a mother-figure)! Perhaps you could even make a layout to frame and give to that person on Mother's Day. And there's plenty of time before the challenge closes to wait and scrapbook about Mother's Day 2013, if that's something you'd like to do!

Emily's Layout: I started out with a few photos I have of my mom and myself from our Christmas and New Year's Eve celebrations last year. I wanted to include both photos on one layout, which is a first and a real challenge for me, being an exclusively 8.5x11 scrapper! So I went for a sort of "Project Life" feel with a simple grid. It's probably the simplest layout I've ever done, but I spiced it up with some fun title work in the form of these great alphabet stamps I received in a RAK last year. I've never been able to use them before, and I love what they added to this page.



Katie's Layout: I'm lucky to have such an amazing Mom who is also my best friend. For my layout I wanted to journal about just how awesome she is. I printed out a large photo of My Mom, Sister and I and I wrote out my journaling on white cardstock which I then cut up into strips and placed around my photo.

0 comments:

Post a Comment